Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

I have a 14 year old daughter, Tayler. She & I live in Washington state. I am the sole custodial parent of her.

Because Tayler spends a great deal of time in Montana with family, I would like to set up a Power of Attorney for care of a minor child, granting a family member in Montana as agent.

Would I need to have this prepared / notarized in Washington state or Montana?

Thank You

Asked on 3/04/10, 6:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since it would primarily be used in Montana, if I were you, I would have a Montana attorney draw it up and have a Montana notary public notarize your signature on it.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/10, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now