Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Ex-wife forged my signature on divorce papers!???

My ex-wife forged my signature on all of the divorce, parenting plan, child support and visitation papers. It also appears that she had someone go with her to court who then signed papers in front of court commissioner. I just recieved a copy of the divorce decree from the court clerks office. There is one paper that actualy has my signature, but the rest of them aren't mine and you can see where parts have been whited out and re-written. What can I do about this? I can't see my children and she based my child support payments on an imagined income. I'm dissabled and on SSI. Help!!

Lori Wheat Lori L. Wheat, Attorney at Law

Re: Ex-wife forged my signature on divorce papers!???

When a court order is entered as a result of fraud, the order can be vacated pursuant to Civil Rule 60.

Because your spouse forged your signature on all of the dissolution documents and had someone go with her to court who then signed papers in front of the court commissioner, the orders in your case are likely to be vacated due to fraud.

There are deadlines that must be met, so I suggest you begin pursuing this as soon as possible or consider hiring an attorney.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington