Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

my ex husband wants me to sign my legal rights away so that when he cant take our kids to the doctor his new wife can. I dont want to sign my legal rights over. He lives in texas and i live in washington state. is there a medical waiver form that i can sign so i dont have to be forced into signing this paper work?

Asked on 3/03/10, 8:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Absolutely. You do not need to waive your "legal rights" in order to allow your ex's new wife to take the kids to the doctor. I am guessing at what you mean when you say "legal rights" because that term is too broad for me to know specifically what you mean. That said, whatever legal rights you have as a non-custodial parent, they do not need to be modified in order to allow your ex's wife to transport the children to the doctor.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/10, 9:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now