Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

the parental rights of my children were terminated myself and children are native american of tyme maidu tribe berry creek rancheria in oroville calif. as far as i was aware when rights are terminated so is the child support obligation to them. my question is if my rights were terminated and for the last six years i have been being charged 2,000 dollars child support a month for the children i have no rights to . do i have legal leg to stand on to fight for reimbursement of the money they have taken for current support every month all this time?

Asked on 9/09/13, 12:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is an interesting question. What jurisdiction terminated your parental rights? I would first ask if there was an actual termination of parental rights. Second, who is taking child support? Is it the state of WA? CA? The tribe? It does appear you might have a remedy but there is not enough information here to go on.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now