Washington  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/20/03, 6:08 pm

Little sister doesn't want to visit dad, what can she do?

I am asking in place of my sister who wants to know, can she be emancipated from her father and not from her mother. They are divorced, dad is abusive, mom has custody but dad has visitation. My sister doesn't want to go visit him...ever again. She called to ask me if she could be emancipated from one parent and not the other. I told her I would look into it. I am wondering if she can be at all? she's only 14. There are two other sisters who don't want to visit either. One is 10 and the other is 12. Is there anything they can do? Is emancipation from one parent an option for any of them? I would love to give them some options if any are available. They live in Washington state. Thank you for your help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search