Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Washington

I recently bought a truck out of state with 151000 miles on the odometer and printed and signed on the title. when I started looking through some of the work reciepts that came with it they all state that work was completed at over 240000 miles. the seller also did a "title jump" by not transfering into his name before re-selling. Do I have any recourse?

Asked on 3/30/13, 12:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Preble Preble Law Firm, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You might consider contacting the attorney general of the state in which you bought the car. I suspect they would be interested in fraud regarding vehicles.

Though it might be worth the time and cost, you might take him to small claims court in the locality where he lives.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now