Washington  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/05/09, 2:23 pm

US Immigration


I am a Canadian citizen and married a US citizen in November 2006. Our individual circumstances made it difficult to determine which immigration path would best suit our ''lifestyle'' (so to speak), so have since lived abroad. We have decided that I would go to the US. My personal research has determined that my husband can file for me ''living in the US''. My question is, can I just pack up a few things, cross the border as though I was just going down once again for the weekend and then stay? In the eyes of US immigration, is this a legal scenario of an alien spouse already in the US? Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search