Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington


In November of 2006 my husband recieved his green card. 4 months later, his father died and his mother was ill.He returned to his country for a visit-that has turned into almost 2 years..Upon trying to return,were finding out that the green card has expired and he should have filled a re-entry before leaving..however it's a little to late for that.So how do I proceed? I was the one who sponsored my husband.

Asked on 1/14/09, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sameer Kumar Law Offices of Sameer Kumar, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: re-entry

You may need to file for him again (unfortunately). You can assume that they consider his green card abandoned because of the delay and his failure to file a re-entry permit. You could show his father's death certificate but even then it cannot justify 2-years abroad. This is assuming the facts that you've given me. If you'd like to get a more detailed answer feel free to give me a call at 877-KUMAR-LAW.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/09, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now