Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Washington

Do I have to pay for or keep my 19 year old son on my auto insurance policy if he lives with us? Am I responible for his unpaid medical bills if he is on my health insurance? Will I loose my health insurance if his bills are not paid?

Asked on 8/05/09, 11:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not need to keep him on your auto insurance policy. However, I suspect you are really asking if you are liable for damages he causes with his car because he is living with you. This is an "agency" question. Make sure he isn't driving your car. Make sure he isn't running errands for you. Keeping him on your insurance may actually make you more liable. You should contact your insurance company.

As to his medical bills, that depends on the particulars of your health insurance. You'll need to review the fine print.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 8/11/09, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now