Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

landlord being forced to move out with no pay

Hello I have a issue , I have been managing South HIll Heights in Spokane Washington for 2 and a half years now and in the last two weeks new owners have bought the complex. My boss promised in writing 6 months severance pay , to help me move my family and be out in the 2 week period. My boss and former owner now is refusing to pay all the severance and the new owners are forcing me to move out in 2 days and shutting off my power. I have taken care of this complex well and through no fault of my own have now been forced out of my home with nothing , can the new owners do this ??? I was employed under the table unknowingly and cannot file taxes , I have been underpaid as well 3.50 /hour when the washington minimum wage is 8.50. As well as not having medical benefits or cannot collect unemployment due to my boss's under the table paying me . What can I do or say to get him to pay , what legal action can I take ?? Please respond I need help

Douglas Reiser Reiser Legal, LLC

Re: landlord being forced to move out with no pay

If you have a contract with someone, that contract can be enforced through a legal action. Your employment issue is more difficult to answer and if you intend to pursue some action for wages you will want to consult an employment attorney.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms