Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

I live in an apartment. My neighbor, and good friend, died Friday. His son is in town trying to take care of details but the land lord will not let him into the apartment to look for the will. What can he do?

Asked on 9/20/12, 7:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Steuart IT Forensics, Inc.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The son could file probate in the Superior Court, get appointed as the executor/personal representative, and then he effectively has all the rights of the deceased as relates to property.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/12, 7:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now