Washington  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/11/06, 3:37 pm

apartment cosigners responsibilities

my son and his girlfriend moved to washington and the apartment they moved into was cosigned by his girlfriends parents. The girl moved out and now is moving back in and now the parents say they have taken their name of the lease and the landlord says the have to get out in 20 days.

Is there any way my son and her can demand more time to find a place especially since rent was paid and accepted on the first of the month 600 dollars. and is it possible to remove your name once you cosign for an apartment without being held responsible for the entire lease?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search