Washington  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/07/09, 1:50 pm

What is my legal authority when a vehicle is in my name for someone else and they have been paying me monthy for the last 5 years and they now stop?

Background---I bought a 2001 Cadillac for my boyfriend in 2004 and he has been making the monthly payments since this time. I then got a home equity for lower interest and paid the car in full so the title is now in my name. He has now moved out of state and not keeping up with the payments. So I am wondering what are my legal options.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search