Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

Hello there, this in regaurds to a property boundary. My neighbor and I have a concrete path between us leading goin behind my house and eventually leady to a road then school. This path been there for over 25 years or longer. My wife and I would like to put a fence up hugging so to speak this path not blocking it though, just to keep walkers and there pets off our property. can this be done with out any legal issues! TY

Please contact me at Manbusten@comcast.net

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC

If the fence you plan to erect is on your property and if you have obtained any necessary permits to erect it, then I do not see a problem for you. Also, you may want to double check with your neighbor to make sure he agrees that where you plan to erect the fence is in fact on your property and not his, and you may want to have a professional surveyor come out and stake out your property lines so you know that you are not building outside your lines.

These are merely suggestions, and I recognize they will cost you some time and money, but they will ensure that you avoid litigation that may otherwise arise, such as if you build outside your property lines, or if you build the fence and it turns out you needed a city permit to do so, etc.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA