Legal Question in Traffic Law in Washington

Someone I know just got pulled over for not using his turn signal . He says that he was not ticketed and allowed to leave. 17 days later he received a notice of infraction in the mail from Bremerton Municipal Court. It was a copy of the infrations for NO VALID OPER LICENSE WITH VALID ID and OP MOT VEH W/O INS. We got in a heated argue meant and I accused him of lying to me about not receiving a citation. Since it was a copy from the court doesnt that mean that he was given a ticket at the time of the stop? I say yes and he adamantly says no. Please settle this argument for me

Stan Glisson Glisson, Witt & Altman

The officer doesn't always issue the citation at the scene. The police report would typically explain whether the ticket was issued at the scene, and if not why not.

They don't normally mail the infraction. So if they mailed it to him, that suggests to me it was probably not given to him at the scene.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Washington