Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

I've lived with my boyfriend for 11 years and he has raised my two children...he recently pasted away, Do I have any rights?

Asked on 8/09/10, 9:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have the same property rights as though you were married. It depends on a number of factors, but would probably require the court to make that determination.

If he had sufficient assets to justify you going though the court proceedings with the aid of a lawyer, you may be able to have the court find that his property can pass to you as community property. Many lawyers will not charge for an initial office conference to make a determination if you have a claim that may be worth pursuing.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/10, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now