Legal Question in Family Law in West Virginia

Phone calls

My order wa made wher the mom could only call once a day, so she went a got my son (6years old)a cel phone. Does the court order still the same

Lawrence D. Gorin, Atty. Law Offices of Lawrence Gorin

Re: Phone calls

A court order, once made, stays in effect until changed by a subsequent court order (unless there is a specific "contingency" provision included in the order that provides for an automatic change upon the happening of some future condition or event (such as, for example, "phone calls to the child shall be limited to one per day UNTIL the child has a cell phone, at which time phone calls shall be limited to three per day").

So in your case, the one call per day limit remains in effect. If mom is not happy about that, she will have to go back to court and get the court order changed. Until that happends, the order as originally rendered by the judge remains in full force and effect.

LDG

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in West Virginia