Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in West Virginia

Beneficiary rights

Do beneficiaries have the right to ask to see bills that were paid out of their fathers estate account? If he had a business with my sister (beneficiary also) named as owner and the executrix.Do we have the right to see what bills are being paid out of the estate for the business? Is this legal to do?What about bills that were after death? Something stinks and I need to get to the bottom of this.

Sister owner of business - father estate paying credit card bill - business -no problem if before death. anything after death not estate debt. right??

Do we have the right to ask for proof?

I need closure!!!

I'm not sure if you can recomend a lawyer,or sugest where I can find one . I live in Southern Maryland (Solomans Island)and need a lawyer in W.Va. Can executrix keep beneficiaries from knowing whats going on with a will?

Thomas Zimmerman Zimmerman Law Office

Re: Beneficiary rights

An Executrix owes the highest duty of honesty to the estate and beneficiaries. The West Virginia Code provides for accounting. It also provides for increase of the fiduciaries bond or the imposition of a bond where none was required by the will. The West Virginia State Bar provides for a lawyer referral servcice. I can't give you the phone number here, the web site is www.wvbar.org

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in West Virginia