Wisconsin  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/12/09, 6:24 pm

Moving out of state

Hi, I'm thinking about moving out of state with my son, I have joint custody and my son is placed with me, his father has had nothing to do with him in over 5 months. My son even wrote a letter to the judge stating that he wanted his father to give up parenting rights of him and to move with me. I want to add that I have a protective order against my ex. My son is 16 and I know he is well above of legal age to decide for himself. Legal age is 12 here in wisconsin. my son and I want to move out of state. 1) Better schooling for my son 2) Better jobs for myself 3) Better interests for my son 4) My son loves my new spouse they get along really well. My ex didn't get him anything for christmas and didn't even invite my son to the wedding he got remarried. So I was wondering if I could move out of state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search