Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

I have sole custody of my son and I want my husband to adopt him and his father will not sign over his rights even though he has never had any part in his life in 8 years can I file abandonment

Asked on 8/09/13, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Missimer Missimer Law, S.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not likely.

It is really hard to adopt without permission from biofather.

I suggest you push harder for support and arrearages. That will generally motivation biodad to sign his rights away in exchange for arrearages and support.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 4:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now