Legal Question in Family Law in Wisconsin

In wisconsin, are you able to ask for an extension on the 120 day waiting period?

Asked on 8/05/13, 3:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Missimer Missimer Law, S.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is not a waiting period, it is a statutory minimum waiting for a divorce to be granted.

That is not the same thing.

In most cases it will go on until there is agreement between the parties over the open issues in the case, -or- it will be set for trial. I have seen cases that are over two(2) years old. When it goes to trial it takes a lot longer than 120 days.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 4:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Wisconsin

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now