Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Wisconsin

I discovered by accident that my doctor diagnosed me with Chronic Kidney Disease 3 years ago and never told me. Knowing about this disease as early as possible is crucial. There are things I could have done to slow down the progression of the disease, if only I had known. I think he should be held liable for his neglect. I found out July 22 that I have Stage 3 kidney disease. Is there a potential valid lawsuit here?

Michael End End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC

I think the key question will be whether your learning of the diagnosis earlier would have made a significant difference in your outcome. I think it is probably worth looking into whether your case is one that has merit. I suggest you contact a lawyer who practices medical malpractice law as soon as possible to discuss your potential case with him or her. The usual statute of limitations in Wisconsin for medical malpractice cases is three years from the date of injury or one year from the date of discovery. Based on what you wrote above, it is possible that the statute of limitations will expire one year from the date you learned of your condition.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Wisconsin