Wisconsin  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/20/02, 7:09 am

Easement rights

I own property that is landlocked, but has a recorded ingress/egress easement over adjacent property to the public road. The easement is recorded as a 33 foot easement. I have graveled about 15 feet of the easement so far but would like to maintain the remainder of the 33 foot easement by grading for drainage purposes and keeping the brush and trees from posing future problems with the driveway and power lines that run down the driveway. I also plan to widen the driveway in the future. Do I have the right to maintain this entire 33 foot area? The property owner is objecting to me maintaining the area, stating that I can only maintain the existing graveled part of the easement.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search