Legal Question in Family Law in Yugoslavia

child support

if my son officially dropped out of school for 8 months then decided to go back to school is he entitled to child support, i never stopped paying support but would like to. he is still under 23.

Asked on 6/25/07, 8:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gregory Lee Gregory P. Lee, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: child support

Under Massachusetts law, the Court can still order you to pay for your son's support, maintenance, and education, so long as his principal residence is with the other parent and he is engaged in education substantially full-time. An attempt to modify at this time would likely be rejected by the Probate and Family Court, so long as he is clearly taaking steps to return to school.

Please feel free to contact me for more specific advice.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/07, 9:22 am
henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

: child support

You are paying support to the mother, not the child. Unless he is attending school full-time, you are not required to pay support.

If you need assistance, contact me.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/07, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Yugoslavia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now