Two historical locations identified by Father Juan Miguel Menchero on a map dated May 1744, are thought by historians to be located in or near Clint. These two sites are the Mission of Santa Maria de las Caldas and the Hacienda de Tiburcio or San Antonio.
Until 1881 Clint remained a small suburb of San Elizario until the railroads arrived. The population flourished with settlers arriving on the trains. By 1886, the community had built a school and church but had not yet become a formal community. The Clint area was known as the San Elizario Depot until the post office was established in 1907 and Clint was then given its name.
The main economic factor was and still is, farming. With the construction of the Elephant Butte Resorvoir, farming made up 82% of the local economy. In the 1920's Clint became the leading producing and shipping location for agricutural products in West Texas.
The Texas Rangers station was located in Clint, near the railroad tracks and is today a part of a private residence. In 1877, the Rangers were called to put down a riot in San Elizario. What became known as the Salt Wars marked the first time the Rangers had ever retreated from hostilities. At the conclusion of the riot two men, the Judge and a Ranger, had been hung.
The bell tower of Bond Methodist Church, built in 1910, was the look out point for indian raiders and Pancho Villa's Revolutionaries. Upon sighting a raiding party, the bell would ring signaling the residents to take cover or take up arms.
The San Lorenzo Catholic Church, built in 1914, is home to annual fiesta which takes place each year around August 10th. The tradition of the fiesta began in 1914, when the construction of the church was completed.
Today, there are many homes and buildings still functioning that reflect the long and diverse history of Clint. A cotton gin built in the late 1930's, is the site of Clint's Town Hall. Farm laborers barracks have been converted into small apartment homes. The Clint Shopping Center, water tower and high school (now the junior high) are located in the center of town and stand as landmarks signifying the community's will to adapt to natural and social hardships.