| The material found in this section is courtesy of dumblaws.com where you can find hundreds of additional "dumb laws". None of the laws mentioned in this section have been verified by LawGuru.com. Many of these laws are probably no longer in effect. Please note that this section is purely provided for entertainment.
- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
- Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
- Sunshine is guaranteed to the masses.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- Bathhouses are against the law. [Get the full text of this law.]
- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
- A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
- It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
- Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
- Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
- It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
- When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
- Prohibits shooting rabbits from a motorboat.
- It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
- It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.
- Liquor stores may not sell milk.
- You may not swear in front of women and children in the state of Michigan.
- It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
- A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
- It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
- A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
- The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
- Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.
- It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
- It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
- It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
- A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
- It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
- It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don't need a windshield, but you must have the wipers.
- It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
- A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
- The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
- You must manually flush all urinals in a building.
- Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons.