Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

My child's non-custodial parent filed for bankruptcy and I received a Notice of Proceeding. He has been ordered to pay child support based on minimum wage, which has been unpaid and in arrears for over a year; could his monthly support order be further reduced in light of his current financial situation? Am I obligated to attend the Meeting of Creditors? If not, of what benefit would it be for me to attend?

Thank you!

Asked on 7/21/12, 12:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

Absolute Law The bankruptcy will have no effect on his child support obligations. The trustee in the case should have sent you letter regarding how his bankruptcy will affect you. Contact the trustee for further info.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/12, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California