Legal Question in Disability Law in Iowa

If I have a court order to pay child support directly to my ex-wife, can DCS overrule that order and garnish my paycheck for payment? I am not in default with payments.

Asked on 3/02/11, 6:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I do not see how there could be an order of garnishment without an arrearage or perhaps another child from an earlier relationship that is in arrears. The way you've described the situation is how most people address the matter of support but anyone owed support is entitled to have the CSRU act as a collection point.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/11, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Iowa