Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My daughters dad has primary custody of my 4 yr old daughter. I got laid off of my job Sept 2011. I was unable to get another job and start paying child support again until May 2012. I thought during this time that I do not get visitation rights if I do not pay child support. I never pushed trying to get her. I always asked, he said no, and I left it alone. It came down to me trying to call her or message him on facebook and finally he changed his phone number, moved, and blocked me on facebook. So for the last 9 months I have not been able to see her and then someone told me last week that reguardless if I paid the child support I still have rights to her. I did not know this and now I am unsure what I should do. During the times I was getting her on a regular basis she would tell me that her dad and her great grandparents told her she cant call me mommy anymore. She would start to cry to go back home when she was with me. They always talked bad about me directly to our daughter. I was looking up info and found out that I could be considered as abandoning her for no contact or support for over 6 months. I TRIED to keep in contact but he cut me off. I started paying support again as soon as I got a job. I paid for 4 years straight and it KILLED me not being able to pay to support her. I felt awful. Now I feel like a horrible mother. What should I do next?

Asked on 6/17/12, 1:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

You really need to get an attorney to help you work this issue. Call us at 602 462 1004.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/12, 2:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona