Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

After a divorce and a agreement made myself and former husband we are going back to court to change agreement over frivilous items saying he will use up all money i received in the agreement. We have 4 children, can I get my legal fees from him if we ask court system ahead of time?

Asked on 1/31/12, 3:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC.

You should meet with an attorney and determine whether a case can be made that your husband willfully violated the terms of your divorce agreement. If so, you may be able to file a complaint for contempt and seek attorney's fees. If you are going into court together to modify your agreement, the court is likely not going to award either party their fees. If you would like to retain counsel, and your ex-husband is okay with your attorney preparing and filing the paperwork, you are free to split the cost of an attorney between you. Good luck and call us if you would like to learn more. Chris 617-357-4898.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 5:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts