Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

my girlfriend has filed an fir against a person for assaulting her today.i am the witness.can we somehow withdraw the fir or close it and let goo the assaulter.what is the exact procedure?

Asked on 4/17/12, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

See sections applied. If those sections are compoundable, then FIR may be withdrawn.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 9:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India