Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia


I am not sure if we need a lawyer for this situation

I am member of a small (charitable)group registered as non for profit. For the years of existence we never received outside contribution. We personnaly contribute a small amount of money monthly and manage to help 1 of 2 organizations per year. We have a bureau with a president at the top. She lately resigned and before (or after..we don't know yet) decided to write a check to an organization in the full amount of our funds without our knowledge or approval. So she is clearly out of line. Do we need a lawyer to sue her or can we do it on our onw. We later discovered that she failed to renew our registration with the state and our organization was dissolved even before she wrote that check.

thank you for your assistance.

Asked on 6/14/12, 1:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

If you report it the police, the police can arrest her and the prosecutor can pursue restitution for you.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/12, 1:59 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

I assume you called the police and she's been arrested (if not, what are you waiting for?)

See if you can get the prosecutor to compel restitution as part of a sentence.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/12, 5:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia