Legal Question in Immigration Law in Missouri

I am an Intern in a company here in USA, and they want to hire me, so they want to know the difference on hiring me with a Green card or a H1B Visa, and also the difference on Fees and waiting times.


Alma :)

Asked on 7/03/12, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.

An H1B is a nonimmigrant employment based visa category, whereas the green card process is an offer of permanent, full-time offer in the "future." Starting the green card process, by itself, does not allow for employment legally in the U.S. Information about the green card process is here:

Hopefully you have OPT based on completing a degree program in the U.S. in F1 student status, as currently the H1B visa cap has been reached.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/12, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Missouri