Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I want to do a intra family adoption in Louisiana. My husband wants to adopt my son and the biological father is in agreement. Do we have to get a lawyer? Is this going to cost a lot of money? How do I start the process

Asked on 4/04/12, 2:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

You really do need an Attorney. Your husband is going to have to go whereever it is in your parish and have his fingerprints taken and attached to the Petition for intrafamily adoption. So if he has anything in his past, you really do need to speak with an Attorney. The fingerprints go to the FBI in Virginia, so there will not be any mistakes. Anyway, as someone who has done his share of intrafamily adoptions, the FIRST thing you do is get an attorney experienced in that kind of adoption.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/12, 3:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana