Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hello my name is julio, I am Us citizen, my girlfriend and I are thinking of getting marry. She had but it expired about a year and a.half ago. My question is once we get marry can she remain in the U.S. and not being deported.if stop by a border patrol? I live in southern california and border patrol is really tough in this area, just want to be safe and keep her here with me. Once marry we plan to begin the immigration process for next year.

Asked on 5/08/12, 1:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mercy Sequeira Law Office of Mercy Sequeira

You will be able to file adjustment for her in the United States if she entered with inspection and is an overstay. My offices can help you with the process and give you a free phone consultation as well. You can call us at 408-245-2416.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/12, 1:47 pm

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


Once you are married, the probability is good that your wife will be able to remain legally in the U.S. and obtain resident status and eventually citizenship since she entered the U.S. legally. Additional information is here:

As each case is unique, please contact our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580 or email [email protected] for additional guidance.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/12, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California