Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

What is the legal age to move out in South Carolina without parental consent? If there is a home being provided for you?

Asked on 8/14/12, 9:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Until a child reaches the age of 18, he/she is a minor.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 8/15/12, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina