Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

A man gets a restraining order against his wife. Then when trying to resolve there problems he moves in with her and her parents. After a few weeks he gets mad at her and moves out. Calls the Sherif and filles a complaint that she broke the restaining order by calling hem. She is arrested and locked up. What can she do.

Asked on 8/01/12, 9:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

She knew when she received the restraining order that he could not give her permission to break it. They make that very clear. She committing either a crime and / or contempt by violating the order. She needs a lawyer (and to stay the heck away from this guy.)

Read more
Answered on 8/01/12, 1:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas