Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

Hello, I reside in Georgia and has recently moved out an apartment within seven weeks due to some fraudulent issues with Move-In/Move-Out Inspection/Checklist and repair problems. However, property management's attorney decided to offer me a mutual release and settlement proposal to waive liquidated damages/early termination fee and retain my security deposit. Initially, I agreed to the proposal, but now I unsure if I should sign it, because the fraudulent document still remain unchanged and will be considered as part of my permanent resident record on file, as though, management was never in default. Also, the attorney has drafted the agreement and wants me to sign first (notarizing document) I cannot afford an attorney now, what recourse do I have?

Asked on 7/23/12, 10:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

No one here knows the facts or the apartment's side of the story. Either get a lawyer, accept the deal, turn down the deal and accept the risk, or negotiate something else.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/12, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia