Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I am a resident of Florida. My wife and I are in the process of compiling a living will using forms from an online site. We plan on naming our eldest daughter as the executor. With regards to our home, does she automatically get the home on providing the living will and death certificates, or do we need to include a quit-claim deed in with the living will? (This is assuming my wife and I die together)

Thank you.

Asked on 2/28/12, 9:23 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

It concerns me that you do not know the difference between a living will and a Last Will and Testament. Also, we do not use the term Executor anymore. It is my recommendation that you seek an attorney to advise and prepare the documents for you, since it looks like you may not be able to do it correctly.

It is a complex area of law and difficult for a layperson to proper do such planning on their own.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/12, 9:28 am

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I agree with Mr. Kaplan and from the looks of it you could use an attorney. My fees are quite reasonable and if I can be of assistance, please contact my office for an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/12, 2:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida