Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

My father died intestate. He had deposited some amount in a bank. As there was no nominee, bank asked to make a succession certificate. Now we have got the sucession certificate; however it say only 1/3 will go to my mother and 2/3 among the sons. Now, we all sons dont want a part of it and would like our mother to have all; however the bank says that they will distribute the check as per the sucession certificate only. That is they will break the 2/3 part of the amount and write check in each of our name. We want the entire amount to be given to our mother. Is this possible?

Asked on 10/10/13, 3:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

YES, Simply encash the cheque given by the bank in your individual names and issue a corresponding value cheque from your bank account in the name of your mother.


Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 5:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India