Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

My father died 9 years back, he used to work under West bengal Government in Fire service department. When he got admitted in a hospital he was on duty hours. After struggling for 3 days he didn't survive. The incident occurred on 2004 in the month of October, my mother applied for her job under Die-in -harness condition on the early months of 2005, since then we took many certain steps and made frequent visit to the office for the official formalities we were said her name to be enrolled in the recruitment list. we waited for long 6 years just putting the trust on official procedures, but went in vain. in the year of 2010 we lodged a case against govt as result it is just getting illustrated and after winning the case they are still giving the excuse to the judicial that they would certainly give the job after coming the proper rank in the enrollment list. Our legal adviser is saying to apply this case under high court, but literally we are fade up and lost all our hopes. CAN YOU SUGGEST WHAT WE MUST DO?

Asked on 6/29/13, 10:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Since your father passed away while on duty, your mother is entitled to pension from the Government. Since the Department is dilly-dallying to give your mother a compensatory job, you should insist for pension from the date of your father's demise till date, and issue a letter to the Department in this regard.


Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India