Legal Question in Administrative Law in Philippines

I am a Non-US citizen/resident and i applied for a License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory technologist so that I can find an employer who is looking for and can sponsor a h1B visa. I was granted the license by the board but the day after, the Board staff informed me that i will be only issued a Temporary license (30 days active) only as stated by Florida Statute TitleXXXII Chapter 456.013(1b) stating that :(b) If an applicant has not been issued a social security number by the Federal Government at the time of application because the applicant is not a citizen or resident of this country, the department may process the application using a unique personal identification number. If such an applicant is otherwise eligible for licensure, the board, or the department when there is no board, may issue a temporary license to the applicant, which shall expire 30 days after issuance unless a social security number is obtained and submitted in writing to the department. Upon receipt of the applicant’s social security number, the department shall issue a new license, which shall expire at the end of the current biennium.

This is where my challenge are (1) i cannot obtain a SSN unless i am not a resident, citizen or a legally accepted worker in the US,(2)I cannot find an employer who is willing to sponsor if i do not have a license, (3) If i would find a sponsor for employment, it would take months to process until i can have my h1B visa approve and a SSN. So i feel like i am in a loop here..I hope somebody can advise me regarding this matter, all i want is to work legally in Florida.Thanks in advance

Asked on 7/04/13, 12:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


You should refer your question to a US Immigration lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 5:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Philippines