Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

Hello ,

This is Shehzad tazad a resident of Mumbai and I am looking at a mutual divorce with my wife Ms Shehtaz Mirza also a resident of Pune. She has apparently charged me with Section 498a, 323, 504,506. My lawyer mentioned that against these sections a mutual divorce cannot be procured. Is there any other way we can settle this?

Asked on 10/02/16, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Divorce by mutual consent is a civil remedy that you are seeking from the court .On the other hand 489a is a criminal offence .You need to settle with your wife all the disputes relating to marriage and then you can go for quashing of the FIR and also get divorce by mutual consent .

Read more
Answered on 10/03/16, 2:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India