Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

Dear Sir, We are living on Rent from last 70 years..from my grand fathers time, the case is in high court under rent act civil writ petition, is it possible to claim ownership in the court due to such long stay? what is the law?

Asked on 4/19/17, 12:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajendra Arora Samadhan Consultants

No there is no law on the basis of which you can claim ownership rights just because you are continuing tenancy for last 70 years. Thus for getting ownership rights you have to negotiate with the owner of the property and after paying due consideration for it you may get the title of property through due process of law.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/17, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India