Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

Sub- sexual harrassment & termination in private university

i am senior lecturer working in a Private University since 2008 at Meerut. my director was sexually and mantely harassing me since a long period on one pretext or another. he started unwelcome demand by doing various thing..started blackmailing and threatening that if i deny his demand then he will spoil my personal file and my career. or he will terminate me. and he started spoiling my personal file. i opposed many time for this and told to my HOD about this happening but they did not take any action finally i lodged a complaint of sexual harassment against my director to senior authority and in sexual harassment Cell on 18.03.2013. but they did not setup a committee. only three member was there from the university only one women was there, and not a single person from NGO. nor they call me neither they held a single meeting with me regarding any inquiry. after 2 and half month without doing any inquiry they decided that its not a case of sexual harassment and given a letter for this on 03.06.2013 and threatened me that now i have to resign or they will terminate me for this complaint. same day i send a complaint to SSP and DIG of Meerut, UP and also in national women commission. and after three day without giving any explanation they terminate me on 06.06.2013 with immediate effect. for this metter police registerd my FIR after a long period. on 24.06.2013.

now my quiry is-

1. how can i fair investigate of sexual harassment.

2. because this is a private university, can i challenge this termination in U.P. high court. if yes than on which ground, i can challenge. because some of lawyer saying that your writ can not lie in high court because its a private university.

Please Guide me on this topic. Please.

Name - a Sister or a Daughter of you.

Asked on 7/13/13, 12:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

file petition before High Court & u can challenge t termination if they terminate u.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 1:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India