Legal Question in Banking Law in India

cheque bounce punishment

dear sir

cheque of my client is bounced due to insufficient fund 2 times what can i do leagely through law

Asked on 12/27/07, 2:39 am

5 Answers from Attorneys

G. M. Gupta gmguptaandassociates

Re: cheque bounce punishment

send him notice and then file a case. take notice of limitation periods

Read more
Answered on 1/13/08, 2:49 am

Vijay Chandavale Advocate Vijay Chandavale & Associates

Re: cheque bounce punishment

you can proceed under Section 138 within 30 days of intimation of bouncing of cheque . But check whether any notice is not issued at the prior bouncing If it is given you are required to file case within 30 days after waiting for 15 days for notice period. In exceptional case you can file with delay condonation application also by explaining your reason of delay to the satisfaction of court

Read more
Answered on 1/07/08, 9:05 am
Aniruddha Pawse Aniruddha.P.Pawse Advocates

Re: cheque bounce punishment

You can sent him a legal notice thru a lawyer. If your location is nearby you can contact me personally with all details.


Read more
Answered on 12/27/07, 9:46 am
Homi Maratha N.N. Maratha & Co.-Advocates

Re: cheque bounce punishment

Please contact a lawyer with the cheque return memo and issue a legal notice.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/07, 10:35 am
Sidharth Srivastav IndJurist

Re: cheque bounce punishment

sent a legal notice within one month from the date of dishonouring of cheque on second time and thereafter file complaint u/s.138 can also file recovery suit.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/07, 11:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India