Legal Question in Banking Law in India

I have given a cheque(XYZ) of Rs 2.5Lk to one of the person.It is rejected due to my signature mismatch and soon I have done stop cheque(XYZ) request and I have transferred 2.5Lk funds to the person through net banking. I have not took back the cheque(XYZ)from the person and he is not ready to return my cheque(XYZ) back to me.Will I face any problem due to this ?. Can that person file a case against me with the bad cheque(XYZ)? He is demanding more money(1lk) to give my cheque back.

Asked on 10/27/13, 7:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Police action is recommended to amicably resolve the matter.


Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 7:45 am

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

it is a repeat question. no need to give him further money. You may write him a letter on your own asking him to return the cheque (give details) for in lieu of which you have already made the payment and that he has no reason to retain the cheque with him. So, instead of being defensive, be aggresive. Police action is not there as there is no offense involved for which cognizance could be taken.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 7:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India