Legal Question in Banking Law in India

my daughter has taken away all my savings pass books. The accounts were jointly in mine and my daughters name. I need to know the statments of accounts from 1998. The Bank is daying they can only provide with the last 5 years accounts. Please advice.

Asked on 4/28/13, 9:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Nothing can be done if the bank can provide only last 5 years record.


Read more
Answered on 4/28/13, 11:14 pm

Pravin Vaidya Independent

Unless it is absolutely necessary avoid asking such information from banks which cannot be provided by them. I presume details of certain transactions are already available in your I.T. returns of the relevant years

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India