Legal Question in Banking Law in India

I had given loan to a friend, who is a govt official in delhi. at that time he gave me four cheques. but when i deposited two cheques got bounced due to insufficient amt in bank. i still have two more cheques without date.

please advice me how i can take legal course to get my money back .

Asked on 7/28/13, 7:04 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should inform your friend that since two cheques have already bounced, he should return back the entire loan amount with interest back to you, else you should file a cheque bouncing case under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act in the Court.


Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 8:45 am

J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

Follow the procedure under Sec.138 of Negotiable Instruments Act. Take the help of a local lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India