Legal Question in Banking Law in India

I have purchased a product from indiatimes shopping with cash on delivery as a payment method. The product was defective, was taken back and I got a Demand Draft of the amount I paid Of HDFC Bank in return(everything via postal service). Mentioned: AC Payee not negotiable and my name after that.

Now that DD was issued on January 2012 with an expiry of 6 months and was lost in my home somewhere. I found that DD now in September 2013(after 15 months from its expiry). What is the procedure to cash it now?

I have a savings bank account in SBI if that helps..

Asked on 9/09/13, 2:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

Get it revalidated by sending to the company which sent it earlier to you by sending the dd and letter by ack. due and retaining a xerox copy of your letter and the draft.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 6:28 am

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Repeat query ... already answered ... any further reply only on payment.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 9:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India